Guess what we did tonight?

I know, we must be crazy right? I think he'll probably be okay. He actually only climbed out twice tonight so I'm crossing my fingers it'll get better, not worse! I'm not sure why we did it. We were in Ben's room playing and John asked when we were going to change his crib to a toddler bed. I don't know, I reponded. So he said let's do it tonight! Alright! And here we are!






















He's loving being able to climb into by himself!
















Which means he can also climb out. Mom is not so much loving that!
















Ready for bed and it's only 7:00!

















Have I told you we have a giant for a 21-month old?






















Hugs for Daddy!

Shannon  – (March 11, 2008 10:16 PM)  

bed=cute, jammies=cute, piggies=super cute!

We are putting Brady in a big boy bed this week too! Good luck to both of us!!

Elder and Sister Dunn  – (March 11, 2008 10:40 PM)  

Ben looks so happy with his toddler bed. Good luck.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa}  – (March 11, 2008 11:09 PM)  

He's adorable in his pajamas!
And he looks so happy in his bed, he'll do great.

Kelli  – (March 11, 2008 11:30 PM)  

Ahhhhh, so cute! Good luck with that toddler bed! If I know Ben, and I think I do, I think tonight you will be getting lots of visits from the wee giant. But hopefully not.

randivon  – (March 12, 2008 1:23 AM)  

That is so exciting! He is so cute and does look super happy to be in a big kid bed. Let us know how it goes!

Mubeen  – (March 12, 2008 10:01 AM)  

He is so freakin' cute! I remember when we converted Madyson's crib...FREEDOM for her! After falling out a few times, she adjusted great as I'm sure Ben will. Cute pics!!!

Simply Sarah *K*  – (March 12, 2008 10:21 AM)  

i LOVE wee giants, since I have two of my own...gotta love the 95th percentile!
I hope he did good! Crossing my fingers for you. Bella has been in hers for about a year (yes she is WAAAAAAY older than Ben, so you did good) and has just NOW started to get the guts to leave it w/o permission!

Melinda  – (March 12, 2008 10:29 AM)  

Good luck! I hope he adjusts to the toddler bed quickly!

Missy  – (March 12, 2008 10:42 AM)  

Good luck, Shannon!!

Yeah, last night was fine. As soon as I laid him down and walked out he immediately followed me out and screamed when I laid him back down. Then a little while later we were sitting on the couch and at about 7:45 we hear his door slowly start to open. He was trying to be so sneaky! So John went back in got him and we didn't hear from him again.

I am always amazed when I hear of kids like Bella (that is so crazy Sarah!!) who don't want to get out of their beds because I knew Ben would immediately want to get out. Luckily for us he never tried to climb out of his crib!

Simply Sarah *K*  – (March 12, 2008 10:47 AM)  

And you would think crazy Miss Bella of all people would be the one running around everywhere causing havoc...but for some reason, she will sit in that bed (or used to) until we come get her! Kinda nice....or was Ü

Mubeen  – (March 12, 2008 12:03 PM)  

Ya, Madyson still does not get out of bed AT ALL until we come get her! When she wakes up, she just lays there, even if she needs to go potty. She will hold it in until we come get her...so not good for her! She doesn't get that it's okay to get out of the bed when it's for things like potty!

Jenny  – (March 12, 2008 3:13 PM)  

I think he's the perfect age for a toddler bed (It's a really cute bed, by the way). We moved Stevie a little after his 2nd birthday, and he slept like a little champ! He fell out once or twice, but hey, that's what pillows are for.

Missy  – (March 12, 2008 7:47 PM)  

Yeah his bed is actually his crib that converts. I wish it had a side rail but oh well! His next bed will probably be a twin anyway since he's so ginormous. ;) And I hadn't even thought of him falling out! I'll have to get more pillows!

Shannon, let us know how Brady does in his bed!

Unknown  – (March 12, 2008 10:22 PM)  

You're brave. Abby hasn't ever tried to get out, so I think I'll leave her in there for a little longer. Besides, if I mover her to a toddler bed, then I want to buy all new furniture, and that costs $$.

Ben's the kind of kid you want to squeeze and pinch he's so cute.

Jenny  – (March 13, 2008 8:58 AM)  

Ditto what Mandie just said...every time Ben runs by I to grab him and hug him. (It would probably scare the living daylights out of him, so I refrain)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

All images on my blogs are © 2009 Missy Saunders Photography and Design. Please do not use without my permission.

Stealing is mean!