Strep Throat?

Ben has been pretty cranky the past few days and felt like he was running a fever. On Tuesday when John picked him up, Shawnee said he seemed really hot and been coughing a lot. He's getting in 4 teeth (finally!) right now so I thought that was probably it. Well, Wednesday he woke up burning up so John offered to stay home so he could take Ben to the doctor since I had done it the last 3 times and missed work. The doctor didn't do a strep test but was pretty certain it's strep. That on top of teething, and he is NOT a good teether, has made him really cranky today. I think he cried for a good hour after he woke up from his nap. Turns out he was just still tired. Hopefully he'll be better and can go back to the babysitter tomorrow! I'm just wondering now where in the heck he may have gotten strep from? Oh well, he's still cute!



Simply Sarah *K*  – (April 03, 2008 10:28 PM)  

poor kid! I hope he is better for you tomorrow!

Elder and Sister Dunn  – (April 03, 2008 10:50 PM)  

Ben just can't seem to get a break. I hope that the doctor gave him some wonderful medicine that knocks the strep out in no time.

Melinda  – (April 04, 2008 9:12 AM)  

Has mom's playroom been disinfected? That could be where he got it, or from the nursery at church. It could be anywhere. He seems to be like Anna, really sensitive to Strep. I'll help clean up and disinfect mom's sunroom on Sunday. Poor kid. I hope he feels better soon! Eddie woke up with a fever this morning, and he's had diarreah for the past week! He has 3 monster teeth coming in on the top. I hope the fever is just from teething!

Mubeen  – (April 04, 2008 9:16 AM)  

Aww, poor Ben! Super cute picture though. Your camera may go missing one day!!!

Missy  – (April 04, 2008 11:02 AM)  

Yeah actually Melinda, Ben didn't get strep when we got it in December. He did get the flu though when John got it. This is his first time having strep but they didn't actually do a strep test so I really don't know. But yeah, we should disinfect the back room anyway! I've been going around my house with antibacterial wipes wiping down all of our hard surfaces just in case!

Nikki  – (April 04, 2008 1:22 PM)  

That stinks that Ben is sick... I hope he starts feeling better soon!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

All images on my blogs are © 2009 Missy Saunders Photography and Design. Please do not use without my permission.

Stealing is mean!