Shelby is TWO!

So our little baby girl turned two a week ago today. We cannot even believe she is already two. I mean, where does time go? It's crazy!

Well, I thought I'd write a little list like I usually do about them on their birthdays. It may sound silly but I really can't put in words how awesome we think she is and just how much we love her!

1. Shelby loves her pacifier and blanket. She only gets her pacifier during naps and at night because we're honestly afraid of the excruciating time we're going to have getting rid of the pacifier. It's not going to be pretty! She cries "Want patter! Want patter!" for at least 15 minutes after I take it when she wakes up.

2. She is 36-1/2" and weighs 30lbs. I might actually have her weight wrong I can't remember, but I know she's 95th+ for height and 75th for weight.

3. She talks all the time! She can even talk in multiple word sentences. The other day she came up to me and goes "Mommy I found a penny!" and proudly showed me the quarter she had found.

4. She loves coins. She begs for them. She finds my jar of coins and cries until I hand her one. She carries them around and cries if she loses on. It's really quite ridiculous sometimes!

5. She hates getting her diaper changed and is incredibly interested in the potty.

6. She LOVES to dance and loves Ben's impromptu dance parties at night before bed.

7. She loves pretty much everyone. Especially if you play with her. She will grab you by the hand and make you her best friend. I guess we'll work on the whole "don't talk to strangers" when she's a little older. I have a feeling it will be a problem!

8. She loves Harry Potter. She's sitting in my lap right now going "Harry Potter! Harry Potter. Potter Potter. Harry Potter!"

9. She can identify some letters and numbers.

10. Laughs maniacally at herself all the time. She finds herself hilarious!

11. She is not a big eater at all but her favorite things to eat are chicken nuggets, goldfish, noodles, Fuzzy's potatoes and black beans, and of course french fries.

12. She could live outside. We need a back yard!

13. She loves Toy Story, Bolt, and Nemo. Ben got her a Nemo stuffed toy for her birthday and she is obsessed with it.

14. She likes to scream. And boy can she scream when she is mad!

15. She loves Cat in the Hat and Phineas and Ferb. She also loves Star Wars (thanks to you know who).

16. She is quite polite. She says please, thank you, sorry and bless you.

17. She does NOT like to share.

18. She LOVES her dad. Still. He is like the Shelby whisperer!

19. She has nightmares at night and wakes up screaming uncontrollably. The only person who can calm her is John. He had to work past 10 one night last week and she woke up screaming around 9:45 and I could not get her to calm down. So she screamed until John got home and two seconds after he walked in her room she was calm and falling back asleep. It's such a sweet little relationship they have.

20. She loves to have her nails painted. If they aren't painted and she finds a bottle nail polish she'll bring it to me and yell NAILS!!!! until I paint them.

21. She will actually wear headbands and clip in bows. She hates the elastic kind now.

22. She has hair! Lots of hair. It's not terribly long, but long enough to clip in a bow or put in pig tails (which she absolutely hates).

23. She still steals my necklaces. One of my favorites is currently missing 'cause she snuck it out of my bathroom drawer and who knows where it is now!

24. Recently learned how to flush the toilet. I'm just glad she didn't discover that sooner!

25. She rubs her ear with her little dog or blanket when she's falling asleep or if she's really tired.

26. She still takes about a 2-hr nap every day. Most days she cries for a while, other days she goes down without a peep. Some days she only sleeps for an hour. But at least she still naps!

27. She still prefers boy toys over girl toys.

28. She is a typical 2-year old that throws tantrums in stores, screams when you take a toy from her, cries when you don't let her sit on the counter all afternoon, plays with things she's not supposed to, climbs on the chairs and table when she shouldn't and can be a real terror.

29. But she also loves to give hugs and kisses, snuggles with me on the couch after she wakes up from a nap, is perfectly content in John's lap any time of day (and especially at church), idolizes and terrorizes her big brother, knows and loves each and every one of her family members (including most of her extended family), loves her little friends in nursery and talks about them at home, and is incredibly loving and sweet.

30. Seriously we just love her to death!

I haven't taken her 2-year pics yet but here's one of her and Ben on Easter! She will only smile for John! I mean, seriously, are they not the cutest things EVER??



Jalei & Lane  – (April 23, 2012 5:05 PM)  

They are both so cute! She looks just like you & Ben looks like John. Crazy!

Jami  – (April 23, 2012 9:18 PM)  

Those are great. I wish I could Eleanor to smile at the camera like that.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

All images on my blogs are © 2009 Missy Saunders Photography and Design. Please do not use without my permission.

Stealing is mean!