I Heart Highland Park

I got pulled over in little HP a few weeks ago because you have to drive so slow through there that the cop could see my registration was expired. Luckily I wasn't speeding! I didn't have a current insurance card either so I'm lucky he didn't tow my car away. Today was my "court date" (you can't just go pay a fine to a teller) so I had to head over there at 1:30pm. Little did I know that the sooner you get there, the sooner you get to see the judge. They hand out little color cards and call you by your color. I was pink, so was the fourth group of about 20 people to get a turn. Once it was my turn I handed all my paperwork to the attorney and he dismissed everything! My registration was even expired over 90 days and he still dismissed it (apparently in HP they only charge you the full fine for past 90 days with inspection). My insurance was valid the time I got pulled over so I knew that one would be dismissed. Total amount in fines I had to pay? Just the $10 you pay for showing up to court. I was so happy! I thought I was going to have to pay at LEAST $118 in fines! So I brought $150 with me and put $140 back in my pocket and I couldn't have been happier. :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

All images on my blogs are © 2009 Missy Saunders Photography and Design. Please do not use without my permission.

Stealing is mean!