Because I Still Love American Idol

This was on one of my sister's friend's blogs. I had to steal it! This is David Archuletta singing "Be Still My Soul" this past Sunday at a fireside at a school for troubled teens. Here's a link to the actual story. Be Still My Soul is one of my absolutely favorite hymns. I wasn't a big fan of David A. but I have to give him credit for this! I think if he put out a CD of religious songs it would be awesome.

Jenny  – (June 06, 2008 2:56 PM)  

He is so adorable I can't stand it! You know, I'm so glad we have such a talented awesome role model out there for the church! So many times we just hear the bad stuff, so it's really nice to see someone giving the church a good name.

Mubeen  – (June 06, 2008 2:59 PM)  

I got goose bumps! Unlike you, I love David A.! :-) Guess who's going to the American Idol Concert on August 25? Yes, yes..me. Be jealous, haha!

Missy  – (June 06, 2008 3:04 PM)  

Man you are funny, Mubeen! Now, you talk going to the SYTYCD tour I am SOOO there! Still a little jealous you're going to AI though! And like I said, I just wasn't a huge fan of his, I wanted David Cook to win. That doesn't mean Archuleta isn't good! :)

Kelli  – (June 06, 2008 5:47 PM)  

Oooh, I agree, he should put out a CD. I don't buy many church CDs because it's always singers trying way too hard and I think they muck up a lot of the music. I like it that he's just singing this pure and simple.

Shannon  – (June 06, 2008 8:09 PM)  

I would totally buy his CD, this gave me goosebumps. I love church hymns sung like this.

Mubeen  – (June 06, 2008 10:37 PM)  

LOL, Missy-SYTYCD tour? I'm SO there with u!!!

Ginny  – (June 07, 2008 4:32 PM)  

I loved David A! That's cool that he's putting his talent to good use.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

All images on my blogs are © 2009 Missy Saunders Photography and Design. Please do not use without my permission.

Stealing is mean!