Conversations

A week or so ago John and I went to Wal-mart to get a couple of presents and I needed some final Christmas decorations. I got this really pretty hurricane candle to use as a centerpiece on our table. This is the conversation that proceeded as we were pulling up to our house:

Me: Do you want me to get the groceries and stuff or do you want me to get Ben?
John: You get the groceries and I'll get Ben and the rest.
Me: Are you sure? I can always come back down. The candle is pretty fragile.
John: Naw, I got it. I think it's plexiglass anyway.
Me: You think? (as I am grabbing all the groceries and starting to walk up to the sidewalk)
CRASH!
John: Nope! It's glass!

Shannon  – (December 08, 2007 8:36 PM)  

Oh no! I hate that! The worst I have ever broken was a brand new bottle of salsa and I was SO sad, hopefully John will let you get another one! :)

Kelli  – (December 09, 2007 11:34 AM)  

Oh, no, sorry about your candle. But that is so funny. Sounds like some conversations I've had.

Mubeen  – (December 09, 2007 1:00 PM)  

LOL, It probably wasn't funny then but I'm sure you laugh about it now...right? :-)

Julie{isCocoandCocoa}  – (December 09, 2007 7:31 PM)  

That's so sad and funny at the same time! (If you weren't laughing when it happened I hope you are now). Hopefully you can go get yourself another one!

Melinda  – (December 09, 2007 9:06 PM)  

How sad! You'll look back on this and laugh someday.

Ginny  – (December 09, 2007 9:56 PM)  

Aawww--sorry it broke. Good thing nobody dropped Ben!

Missy  – (December 10, 2007 8:13 AM)  

Thanks for all of your sympathy, guys, but I honestly just thought it was really funny. John salvaged the base of the candle, at least! And it was only $10. ;) Oh, and John said he thought it was plastic not plexi. Same difference to me!

Unknown  – (December 10, 2007 12:30 PM)  

If it was plexi glass it would have bounced!

Hope you find another centerpiece.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

All images on my blogs are © 2009 Missy Saunders Photography and Design. Please do not use without my permission.

Stealing is mean!