Ebb and Flow

I started writing a post tonight about how I felt that Satan was picking on me and John and that so many bad things have happened to us over the past couple of months that I was feeling like we were being tried. I even started a list of how bad it really has been. And then for each bad thing I wanted to write I could think of at least one or two instances in which the Lord has blessed us in return. And even though I sit here in my bedroom and John's in the living room because he's going to sleep on the couch tonight (I'll explain in a minute), I feel more than ever before that we are going to be okay. There are lessons we both need to learn and experiences we need to have and we are being blessed for our dilligence. Just to give you a little tast of what my list was, I lost my job, but timing allowed for a great opportunity to come my way. I got two tickets in two days for the SAME THING (expired Registration, and don't even get me started on the lady cop that pulled me over today, on my way home from the church when I was running copies of the Newsletter!!) but I know things like that happen for a reason. Maybe it's Heavenly Father's way of telling me not to talk on my cell phone while I'm driving! Anyway. John and I both have strep throat right now and he has a really hard time sleeping because of all the congestion and could elevate his head better on the couch. Oh yeah, and it makes him snore, too. :) He came down with his Thursday and it took till today for me to get it. But so far Ben has been spared and I pray he continues to be! I am very sad I won't be able to go to my mom's to see my sisters tomorrow because I have a niece that's really prone to strep and they both have babies, or go to the Nativity, but John and I don't get a lot of time together and it will be fun to be sick together and wallow in our pity for each other!

I know now more than ever how much our Heavenly Father loves us and looks out for us. I just hope our testing period is over soon! :)

Ginny  – (December 01, 2007 11:30 PM)  

I think you'll be amazed at how your cup will soon run over with blessings, especially when you start looking for and appreciating what you've already been given. You guys are great and are even better as a team. Hope things get better soon--we'll miss you tomorrow.

Shannon  – (December 02, 2007 1:38 AM)  

Ick! I hate sickness :( We have all been sick too. I hope you both get better soon, and I also will pray Ben doesn't get it! Sick babies are the worst. But, I agree that after all the trials, the good stuff will start to roll in :)

Simply Sarah *K*  – (December 02, 2007 3:48 AM)  

You are an inspiration, I hope you know that :).

Missy  – (December 02, 2007 3:56 PM)  

Thanks, guys, you're all too nice! If anyone has had strep lately, is it just me or does it TOTALLY suck?? Wow. I've been so miserable today. Sorry for the pity party, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone!

Kelli  – (December 02, 2007 3:57 PM)  

That stinks that you are sick! I hope your wallowing is at least somewhat enjoyable. It's so good that you can recognize your blessings. That is one of the hardest things to do when life is punching you around. Feel better soon.

Elder and Sister Dunn  – (December 02, 2007 10:20 PM)  

I'm sorry to hear that you are sick. I suppose the good thing about your spouse being sick at the same time that you are is that you can still kiss him and not feel guilty that you may spread your germs.
As for the bad luck, I have found that when I have a run of bad luck it magically changes and then I have a run of good luck. In a way I feel like the run of good luck is God's way of reminding me that he is looking after me.

Unknown  – (December 02, 2007 11:00 PM)  

And before all that junk, you had a never-ending babysitter trial. You definitely deserve a better year next year.

Melinda  – (December 03, 2007 10:37 AM)  

Strep sucks! We missed you guys yesterday! Danny even wore the t-shirt that you designed the logos for so you could see it! Hopefully, when you get better we can hang out! Make sure you disinfect you ENTIRE house as soon as your antibiotics are done so that there's no stray srep germs for Ben. Lysol is great for that!Also, throw away your toothbrushes and buy new ones! Blessings will soon start to flow! Don't worry! I felt the same way when I was in the hospital, but I can see now why all that happened to me, and you will too!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa}  – (December 03, 2007 4:26 PM)  

We all had strep recently and it does suck. Hope you guys are feeling better soon, and I really hope that Ben doesn't get it. (I once had a doctor tell me that little kids don't get strep as often, but who knows.)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

All images on my blogs are © 2009 Missy Saunders Photography and Design. Please do not use without my permission.

Stealing is mean!