Tom Brady, your luck is running out

Dear Tom,

My husband flipped on ESPN last night for the Monday Night Football match up. We were thrilled to see that the score between you and the 4-7 Ravens was tied, 10-10 going into the half. We were thrilled, you see, because we don't like you, pretty boy, and want to see your perfect record season squashed. And how beautiful it would be if it were by a 4-7 team! You see, I refuse to say "perfect season" because you and I both know it has been far from perfect.

Then the Ravens go and score early in the 3rd. That scared you, didn't it, Tom? How do I know? Because you didn't crack a smile the entire game. You yourself know that your string of luck is running out. And what's with all the finger licking? It's really kind of gross, by the way. Your mother probably has something to say about it.

And then you guys go and score again to tie it up with a nice short pass to Randy Moss. I'll give you that. You were probably pretty mad that you were struggling against the Ravens who are probably the most dysfunctional team in the NFL. Even the ESPN analysts didn't think you could pull it off. And then came the series of unfortunate events for the Ravens in the 4th quarter that practically handed you the win on a silver platter. But even with that, you struggled against their defense.

See you shouldn't have won that game, Tom. They had you in the last 2 minutes and it was only because of a bad sideline call by the Ravens that you have an 11-0 record. And that touchdown? Yeah, I still say it wasn't a touchdown. Because you shouldn't have won that game. Even the hail mary pass was CAUGHT by the Ravens but they couldn't get it in for the game winning tuchdown. But oh, how I wish they had.

But I'm almost glad you did win. Why? Because I want the Cowboys to be the ones that finally beat you. We can do it. We have Karma on our side, dude. You have a baby and an ex-girlfriend you left for a supermodel. And we have Tony Romo, who is better looking than you. Plus he had dimples. I'm just saying.

Sincerely,
Missy

Melinda  – (December 04, 2007 5:13 PM)  

Hilarious!!! I love it, Missy! I have this student who LOVES New England and he reminds me a lot of Tom Brady, AND he wears a Patriots jersey to EVERY lesson! Needless to say, he's not my favorite student. I feel the same way that you do!

Mubeen  – (December 04, 2007 5:21 PM)  

Hahaha, that is funny, Missy!!!!

Shannon  – (December 04, 2007 7:00 PM)  

LOLOLOL, can't. stop. laughing.

"I'm just saying." Priceless!

Scuba Steve  – (December 04, 2007 9:42 PM)  

I'm such a lucky guy :) I love you Missy!

Kelli  – (December 04, 2007 9:48 PM)  

Oh, my gosh, I don't even watch football or know what the heck that's all about, but it was HILARIOUS. I knew about the baby/supermodel thing, and he deserves it for that alone.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa}  – (December 05, 2007 8:45 AM)  

LOL! So funny!!!

I almost cried when the Ravens called that late time-out. It hurt.

Unknown  – (December 05, 2007 9:04 PM)  

Ha! You're a funny girl, Missy.

Anonymous  – (December 05, 2007 9:48 PM)  

And how do they let Brady the tortoise run to convert that 4th down???

Post a Comment

About This Blog

All images on my blogs are © 2009 Missy Saunders Photography and Design. Please do not use without my permission.

Stealing is mean!