Third Time's a Charm

Tonight was the 2nd night in the row that we have put Ben to bed and he hasn't come out of his room once! We've been so consistent with his bedtime routine and I think he finally gets it. After talking to my sister Mandie about issues with one of her kids and bedtime I have made a conscious effort to spend as much time one on one with Ben right before bed. We read books after books and sing all his favorite songs (yes including the Thomas song) and I think it really helps! And because he is actually going to sleep on time he has been sleeping longer in the morning (meaning 6:15 instead of 5:30) I am crossing my fingers that tomorrow night will be the third night in a row and that we have many many many more good nights in our future!

Regina  – (July 16, 2008 8:52 PM)  

Missy- I am such a believer in a bedtime routine too! We started Kelly at 8 days when his cord fell off and we could give him a real bath. He slept thru the night (7-8hrs) by 4 weeks and 12hrs by 7 weeks. We have never had a problem with bedtime. It's nice to know other people are that way too! Sometimes I feel like a nerd leaving parties or dinners at 7:30, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?! KUDOS to you, I am sure it will be perfect tomorrow too!!! Sorry this was like a novel.

Missy  – (July 16, 2008 9:01 PM)  

Yeah it's funny the bigger they get the more they change and so does what works for them at night. For some reason Ben was so great when we first moved him to a toddler bed then just one night a few weeks ago he started getting out of bed. It's all about trial and error! It'll be interesting to see how Kelly changes in his routines too! But it sounds like you'll always be on top of it! :)

Kathryn Cooper  – (July 17, 2008 7:33 AM)  

Great work! Tyson definitely wakes up early if we don't put him to bed on time; he loves his schedule.

ambyr  – (July 17, 2008 7:38 AM)  

yay girl!!! I bet you're soo happy!! I can't believe ben weighs 33 pounds.... dylan weighs the same, but ben seems much heavier, because he's taller. Did he weigh that when yall got home that night?

Missy  – (July 17, 2008 8:28 AM)  

You know I totally forgot to weigh him that night! I know he's more than 33 pounds because he was 31 pounds at his 18-month and I know he's gained more than 2 pounds. I'm going to weigh him tonight!

Mubeen  – (July 17, 2008 11:12 AM)  

Yay for success on bedtime routine! Zayn is still sooooo sporadic on sleep :-( It's been such a struggle with him being so sick. Congrats!

Jami  – (July 18, 2008 10:26 AM)  

That's great. Now if you can figure out how to keep them in bed until 7:00 let me know.

Jenny  – (July 18, 2008 9:27 PM)  

Yay Ben! I think routines are definitely the answer when it come to bedtime. So when you sing the Thomas themesong, do you just go hum the tune or is there another one I don't know??

Post a Comment

About This Blog

All images on my blogs are © 2009 Missy Saunders Photography and Design. Please do not use without my permission.

Stealing is mean!