Butterbeer

I've never been much of a fan of butterscotch. I'd eat the hard candies sometimes when I was a kid, but I always always preferred chocolate. I especially hate butterscotch chips in things like cookies or brownies or blondies. They just don't belong!

So one thing John makes that he's kind of known for is Frosted Chews. Really easy to make, incredibly addictive and delicious. They're just an all around great bar dessert. I decided to make some the other day for the people I visit teach since one lady has known John before his mission and she loves his frosted chews. The ingredients call for butterscotch chips and frankly the chocolate on top isn't the same unless you use the butterscotch chips! I can eat handfuls of chocolate chips, but I've never been one to snack on the butterscotch ones. That is, until we went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and I got to experience their awesome butterbeer.

Butterbeer is like fancy cream soda with vanilla and topped with this magical creamy deliciousness that expands as you drink it. You cannot ask for extra topping because they'll get all worried that your cup will overflow if you don't drink it fast enough (that's not a problem for us!) because of how much this topping expands. Trust me, we asked numerous times for extra topping!

When I was making the frosted chews on Monday I grabbed a few chocolate chips and then I popped a couple of butterscotch and it was like that scene in Ratatouille when Ego's memory is transported back to when he was a kid and his made him ratatouille. But it was me being instantly transported back to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and drinking butterbeer. It was awesome!

I love butterscotch chips now. I still probably won't ever like them in cookies or brownies, but on their own they are the perfect little memory of our trip!

Jalei & Lane  – (February 03, 2012 7:21 PM)  

Yummy! Now I want to try some butter beer!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

All images on my blogs are © 2009 Missy Saunders Photography and Design. Please do not use without my permission.

Stealing is mean!